My experience with general cellular and neural cellular pathology In a case blended learning ecosystems

I am M.Vineela posted as an intern in General medicine department. 


"Wherever the art of medicine is loved,there is also a love of humanity."

Hello everyone, through this blog I would like to share my wonderful sojourn In the department of general medicine.

I had started as a timid student in the beginning of my medicine career but now here i am well versed and more confident and have gained some knowledge all thanks to my mentors that is my PGs, my friends and respected HOD sir . 

I would like to take this opportunity to share few of the many cases that I have seen and examined . 

Case 1
https://mvineelarollno90.blogspot.com/2022/03/a-70-year-old-female-with-fever-under.html

Learning points
Causes of AKI
*Pre renal-cardiac failure 
Sepsis
Vascular occlusion

Renal-Glomerulonpehritis
Acute tubular necrosis
Interstitial nephritis 

Post renal-Urinary calculi
BPH
Cervical cancer
Prostate cancer

*Measuring JVP 

*Management of AKI
Fluid balance 
Electrolytes balance
Treatment of underlying causes 
If conservative measures fails,dialysis may be necessary 

Case2
https://mvineelarollno90.blogspot.com/2023/01/this-is-online-e-log-book-to-discuss.html

This is case of methotrexate toxicity causing panctopenia and oral ulcers, allergic contact dermatitis with semicarpus anacardium 

Learning points 

Treatment for methotrexate toxicity-
Folinic acid .-leucovorin rescue 
It bypasses the blocked enzyme I.e DHFR enzyme inhibited by methotrexate and restores folic acid pool.

Case 3 
https://mvineelarollno90.blogspot.com/2022/08/28-year-old-with-blood-in-stools.html

*polyglandular autoimmune syndrome 
*Thryoid examination 

*Per rectal examination 

*complications of blood transfusion 
TRALI
Hemolytic reactions
Febrile reactions 
Iron overload 

"Learning is never ending process,the saga continues.........."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Case Based OSCE ]65 Y female with C/O fever since 4 days, SOB since 2 days,pedal edema since 2 days

OSCE -60 year old female with complaints of vomitings,pain abdomen since 10 days